Usted se encuentra en
CHARACTERISTICS OF MARIANIST EDUCATION
The General Chapter of the Society of Mary of 1991 called for an update of the common characteristics of Marianist educational tradition.
To this end, a serious study was conducted after consulting with religious and lay educators working in Marianist schools around the world. The process has been guided by the Marianist spirituality, which emanates from the foundational charism of Blessed William Joseph Chaminade. Our philosophy and pedagogy strive to:
|Educate for formation in faith.|
- Be witnesses with a personal and committed faith that touches the heart.
- Promote dialog, faith, and culture, and shed light on our reality from the perspective of the Gospel.
- Educate students in the values of the Gospel and the Christian way of life.
- Educate in a free and responsible style that promotes a personal response of faith.
- Be witnesses with a faithful commitment to the Church, which makes the Gospel believable today and will continue to do so in the future.
|Provide an all-round quality education|
- Promote a quality education for every person.
- Provide a coherent curriculum, good education and professionalism from the Principal’s Office, the Faculty, and staff, as well as appropriate structures and funding adjusted to particular needs.
- Develop respect for the dignity of the person as a unique and individual daughter or son of God.
- Develop an inner spirit and self-knowledge.
- Develop a special interest in local and global culture, ecology and the use of technology.
- Promote the integration of different boards of directors, teaching staff, and student associations.
- Offer Mary as a model of integrity in relation to the realities of the world.
|Educate in Family Spirit.|
- Create an environment that stimulates education.
- Cultivate interpersonal relationships characterized by respect, integrity, tolerance, and dialog.
- Form a structured educational community with dynamics of collaboration.
- Express our authority as a deeply human and constant service.
- Influence others showing the personal characteristics of Mary: openness, hospitality, kindness, and trust.
|Educate for service, justice, and peace.|
- Promote a missionary spirit on behalf of the Kingdom of God.
- Educate for solidarity, as well as for justice and peace.
- Care for the poor and marginalized.
- Promote the dignity of women and their rights.
- Promote service programs, encouraging the creation of Christian service groups.
- Announce the goodness and justice of God and denounce oppression, always under the prophetic influence of Mary.
|Educate for adaptation and change.|
- Educate to shape the future.
- Educate people so that they may accept and respect the differences in a pluralistic society.
- Develop critical thinking skills in the search for the truth.
- Openness and adaptation to local and global contexts through acculturation and interdisciplinary education.
- "Do whatever He tells you". Be available and respond to the signs of the times with faith.